Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Worcester have won

Somerset should be more interested in the win points than we are. Perhaps someone thought we could tempt them to offer up some buffet bowling?
Bit unambitious anyway.

Somerset should be more interested in the win points than we are. Perhaps someone thought we could tempt them to offer up some buffet bowling?
Bit unambitious anyway.

Mate you could stick Banton (Tom or Pato) and Kohler Cadmore on here and we'd still be going at 3 an over!

We need to be taking a run a ball off Leach, the boundaries will come off the seamers.

We are losing wickets now chasing after runs because of silly decisions and negative batting.

Feel a bit sorry for Mousley there having to force the issue due to the pedestrian stuff that happened before him either side of Tea.

Ridiculous

Hain has stuffed Barnard there.

All we had to do was to potter along at 3ish an over until the last 15 overs of the day and then have a go at them.......

Administrator

I think Barnard was ball watching a bit. Even when running he turned around to look when he should probably have just had his head down running. Would probably have made it if he had.

Good to see some positivity at least.

Poor game plan. Can you imagine Surrey, Hampshire, Durham, etc, etc adopting these tactics, in similar circumstances?
Where does it come from?

Administrator

Odds of a declaration a few overs before the close?

Exiled Bear wrote:

We scored 374 on the first day so I hope not with our record of not being able to take 10 wickets

Administrator

meashambear wrote:

Exiled Bear wrote:

We scored 374 on the first day so I hope not with our record of not being able to take 10 wickets

Pitch seems to have slowed down a bit though? Certainly seems hard to time it at the moment

There won't be many teams who are 150 in front with 10 wickets in hand at lunch who proceed to crawl along at under 3 an over at 6pm.

Yates and Davies did the hard work before lunch seeing off the new ball then steadily upping the rate afterwards. Perfect, and Somerset were looking a bit ragged. The middle order have rendered it pointless though. Rhodes and Hain 15 runs in 10 overs before tea killed us.

I'm normally positive but it feels like we've bottled it a bit.

We still might win!

I think losing both openers quickly required a more careful approach otherwise a batting collapse (as has happened once or twice this season) could have seen us with a bit of a problem.

I think we will bat out today and maybe bat for 10 overs in the morning to see what the wicket is like. Weather permitting that would still give us over 80 overs to get 10 wickets while they will have to score at nearly 5 an over to win.

Hain just seems to have no interest in scoring at anything close to a normal rate. More interested in his average.

He and Bethell have scored 52 in this partnership, Bethell is on 35.

I don't know, it wasn't like we were 30 for 2. The openers had put on over 100, they'd done the hard work. We were 240 odd on when Yates got out, deep batting line up this week, not like Essex away when Che and Rae were 9 and 10. Instead we're here looking at equations and wondering if we can get 10 wickets in 90 or 80 or 70 overs. Should have been 410 lead and having 45 mins at them tonight. 15 runs in 10 overs before tea was outrageous.

Overton has bowled garbage and is, as i type, 4 for 52.