Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Bald_Reynard wrote:

A quack for Benjamin. Surely he can't last any longer?!

Guarantees his selection, doesn't it!!!

This side is now very predictable and it’s clear how they need to play to win.
If the bowling attack performs and keeps the opposition below par, then they win.
Par or above and it’s a loss.

Benjamin is just a walking wicket now. He is shot. What good does Robinson thinks he's doing by sending the poor guy out there? For his own sake he needs to be taken out of the firing line. Hopefully he come in again back on form for the One Day Cup.

Bowlers won it again for us. I wouldn't have fancied our chances at chasing down 170.

Our 3 spinners returned figures of 10-0-61-7

A great win for us yesterday, sits us 4th in the table now. A win tomorrow at Derbyshire could potentially put us in 2nd spot.

The 3 spinners were excellent, and i'm a little surprised that Mousley didn't get the man of the match award for his all-round game. He came on to bowl just after Hassan & Woakes had been smashed round the park, and he stopped the flow immediately, conceding just 5 runs in his first over to put the brake on. He also came out to bat at a difficult time when Davies & Yates had gone cheaply, and his knock of 41 (together with Hain) gave the innings some impetus just when we needed it.

For tomorrow's game, Barnard now surely has to come in for Benjamin, and i would bring in Garton for Hassan Ali. Woakes is extremely rusty of course, but we have to stick with him until he gets his full fitness back. Hopefully Gleeson will be ok to play back-to-back matches this week, he bowled superbly last night.

It says a lot about the bowlers that Lintott took 3-15 and only bowled 2 overs!! Bizarre!